Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's beginning to look like...

It seems I've been a bit slap-dash with erratic postings. So where have I been? 

Firstly, I'm still getting over the joy that is a new office away from home.  I never thought that there would be such a separation between home and work but it seems I have found an instant way to sever the ties.  And it's fabulous!   Finally I am happy to be home on the weekends rather than finding any way to get out and do something different.  People always specualte that it must be hard to work from home admist all of the domestic distractions, but I have to say that I never really felt that.  If you are busy enough you just don't have time to think about the rest of the chaos.  And when I wasn't as busy I really only procrastinated in my office or out of the house as I felt this incessant bizarre need to be in my office when in the house.  Now when I get home if there's work to be done it is done and if there isn't, my office is a space that I don't wish to enter or feel the need to be in.  The pooch however, might have a differing view.

All of my events over for the year means that I can get myself organised for next year, 2012 and beyond before taking a well-earned break for Christmas.  And I love Christmas!  The decorations, the traditions, the BBQs, the parties, the fact that most people are on holidays and the yummy food.  Today we are putting up our tree due to a small nagging request.  Still, once the lights are on and the decorations are up it will start to feel like we are on the way to eating, drinking, snoozing, reading and entertaining.  Bring it on!

Now I know our tree won't look like this, but you know I love a cold climate and one day I'll do the white Christmas thing.  And my smile will be from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment