Thursday, November 25, 2010

Decorations

Today we received a beautiful unexpected thank you gift with three bauble decorations in beautiful matching shades with our intials on them. It honestly brought tears to my eyes. It's those sorts of decorations that make you think of the people that gave them to you when you put them up each year. We have one special one that we have been putting up every year since we received it and the beautiful lady that gave it to us has since passed away. It's the memories that these decorations create that are so special.

I love that each year the collection grows and we find ourselves going "remember this?" or "you loved this one as a baby".  And when the little "I still do" comes back at you, it melts your heart.

A girlfriend and I regularly exchange one little decoration to add to our treasured collections. Each has been thoughtfully selected each year. I am still to find the perfect one for this year.

How gorgeous are these Where the Wild Things Are christmas decorations?  I saw them last year and I am still kicking myself about not buying them online from Urban Outfitters.  Ah bless, this won't be the end of my Christmas love-posts.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post and LOVE those decorations. Ok, you have inspired me - off to DJs! xxx

    ReplyDelete