Monday, January 17, 2011

Dapper

image via The Sartorialist

Dapper is a word I love to use.  How very dapper!

Wiktionary definition: dapper Adjective (comparative more dapper, superlative most dapper)

1. neat, trim
2. stylishly dressed, neatly dressed, spiffy (spiffy is also a very good word)

When I think of dapper or spiffy I think of lots of different people but the foremost in my mind is my lovely Grandpa.  A man of many ties, hats, suits and cardigans.  He always emulated a man that was neat, trim, stylishly dressed and most definitely dapper or spiffy or both!  Not only that but he was funny and loving and could belt out a great rendition of "What a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts".

Today in memory of him, I bring you spiffy and dapper.  May your day have a little of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment