Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bison


Gorgeous... have you been to Bison in Canberra?  Such beautiful colours in the ceramics.  I wanted to buy the whole lot and display on mass at home.  A lovely, lovely friend of mine bought be a stunning raspberry coloured piece years ago as a present and I have been meaning to get there ever since.  Their products are stocked all over the world, but there is nothing like seeing them like this.  The colours are divine and I had a lovely time just soaking it in.

Worth a mention also is the National Gallery of Australia.  My sweet Canberran friend describes it passionately as "a gift to all Australians".  Perfectly said.  I love how much we as Australians love our home towns and sell them and their assets to all that will listen.  I know I am guilty of this too.  Perhaps if you don't like where you are, get out and speak to others and find out exactly what it is they love about it that you might not have discovered yet.

The National Gallery is such a stunning place.  Not just the art within it but also the building design.  Canberra is certainly not short of stunning gifts for all Australians.  It is well worth a visit and remember if you haven't been, don't knock it!

No comments:

Post a Comment